New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: What runs L4-related microkernels/hypervisors these days?

Ask HN: What runs L4-related microkernels/hypervisors these days?
19 by AlexWandell | 7 comments on Hacker News.
I've been learning about the L4 microkernel, and am thinking about doing something related to it for a research project. I'm especially curious about more recent examples of specific devices that run L4 variants (seL4, PikeOS, OKL4, etc.). I already found a few that use seL4, but to take OKL4 as an example, most of the specific devices I could find are from more than a decade ago, and I'm trying to find things from at least the last 5 or 6 years. I'm even more curious to find devices that use a form of L4 as a hypervisor. Has anyone here worked on a device that used an L4-related kernel or hypervisor? I know one major area they're used in is defense and full of NDAs, but hopefully some of the other industries they're used in (medical devices, automotive, IoT) are a little less restrictive. Thanks in advance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog